No Easy Skateboard Tricks
Skateboarding Tricks are a lot of fun – but riding a skateboard and performing some of the advanced tricks on it are two complete different experiences.
Ollie and 180 Ollie are two altogether different tricks. Ollie is a basic trick and to perform 180 Ollie you should be perfect in a lot of other skateboard tricks and you need to practice very hard.
If you are looking for easy skateboard tricks – then please visit our article on Beginner Skateboarding Tricks. We have alphabetically Categorized all the skateboard tricks which are doable, and have provided a step by step guide with Photos and GIFs for the tricks.
Below is a list of skateboard tricks which has a step by step guide to 15 of the advanced versions of basic skate tricks. We have also provided a step by step photo. These 15 – come after 30 beginner level tricks discussed in the article mentioned above.
Go out there and fire the world with these not so easy skateboarding tricks!
180 Ollie – Try this after Ollie
1) Make sure you can do frontside kickturns before you try this trick.
2) Start off doing little 180 ollies below the coping.
3) You are going to do this with a good amount of speed. When you get high on the transition (near the coping) pop like a 180 ollie on street.
4) Suck your legs up to your chest.
5) As you come back in make sure you won’t hang on the coping, you want to pop out enough to land on the top of the transition.
6) As you land lean forward so you don’t slip out.
7) Make sure your feet land back on the bolts.
8) After you land it, try different grabs and other variations.
5-0 to Fakie – Only After Fakie Skate Trick
1) You should first try to learn a pivot to fakie.
2) Approach the ramp with speed.
3) Do a 5-0 with all your weight on your back foot.
4) As you grind across the ramp you should start to turn the board to the left, if you skate with your right in the back but if you skate with your left in the back then start to turn to the right.
5) As you turn the board you should press as hard as you can on your back foot and the board will start to come in fakie.
6) As you come in fakie make sure that your front truck does not get caught on the coping.
7) Then when your front truck is clear of the coping push it down leaning a little on the back of the board.
8) Good Luck!
Axlestall – Comparatively Easy Skate Trick Tip
1) This trick can be used to set up position or to go back and do bigger better trick on the other side of the half pipe.
2) All right then drop in half pipe or approach quarter pipe
3) Pump up half pipe do not carve into coping
4) Act like your doing a back side kick turn but go to top of coping
5) At top of coping rest back truck on coping and then front truck
6) The key to the axle stall is not to grind it is just resting your trucks on the coping for a second or two
7) Drop back in
Backside 50-50 – Another Easier Skateboard Trick
1) Approach the coping at a slight angle but with enough speed to get on top.
2) As you get to the top of the transition lift your nose and turn to lock onto the coping.
3) Lean on your back leg but stay centered on your board.
4) Your back wheel will go over the coping, when this happens, lean back a little and put your front truck on coping.
5) Keep your balance as you grind.
6) As you start to slow, pick up your nose and turn into the ramp.
7) As you come in shift your weight to match the tranny.
8) Make sure your back foot is on the tail and your front foot is on the bolts.
9) Set up of your next skateboard trick.
Backside Nosegrind – After Perfecting Backside 50-50
1) First start by learning backside 50-50’s and nose wheelies help too.
2) Approach the coping at the same speed as you would for a 50-50.
3) Move your foot forward just as you would do for a nose wheelie.
4) Shift your weight forward onto your front foot and kinda push down on your nose, then shift your weight back to keep balance.
5) Continue to grind until you are ready to come back in or you start to lose speed.
6) Keep your weight shifted forward until you clear the coping with your back wheels.
7) Put your back wheels down and ride away stoked with a big smile on your face.
Backside Pivot – Starter Impossible Skate Trick
1) On this occasion, hauling lots of ass will make do. otherwise, for a backside pivot, approach the object ( this one being a really janky quarter), at a descent speed.
2) As you are going up, turning your shoulders, most likely your board will follow.
3) Start your turn close to the top leaving enough time to get both trucks or just one on the deck or coping or the jank.
4) As you feel like you camped out long enough on the deck, turn in and through praises to the gods for not making you hang up.
5) Lift up a little and ease you way in.
6) Lean forward enough when heading into re entry or your ass will enjoy the crash.
Blunt to Fakie – After Ollie to Fakie
1) Learn to ollie to fakie so that you will be used to coming down the ramp backwards.
2) Approach the lip at medium speed so that you can lock your tail in to the blunt position.
3) Once you get your back wheels over the coping pop an ollie back into the ramp, make sure your weight is centered.
4) Check your clearance on your front truck, if your truck is past the coping try to land with all your wheel on the ramp.
5) When you come in, it will feel just like an ollie to fakie.
Fakie Ollie Grab – Hard Tricks Heating Up
Note: First learn small fakie ollies on the tranny. Then learn fakie ollie grabs and gradually work your way up bigger and bigger until you can reach the coping.
When you’re doing fakie ollies near the coping, one way to do it (which is actually the way I do it) is to smack your back wheels off the coping and get your pop that way.
Your tail won’t even have to hit if you do it this way and if you throw your weight up and not back, you will float back down into the transition and not onto the platform of the ramp and it works out just fine.
1) Ride fakie to the coping
2) Smack the back wheels on that fine piece of steel pipe
3) Be sure to keep your momentum going up, not backwards
4) Suck your legs up
5) Grab your board
6) Let go
7) Float down
8) Ride away and give any onlookers a big thumbs up.
Heelflip Indy – After Mastering Heelflip
1) First, hide that trendy silver necklace that all the skaters wear so you can seem humble… you know the one.. cause everybodys got the same pattern… then you gotta get indy grabs-to-fakie down pat.
2) You approach the ramp with your front foot in your favorite heelflip position (whatever the heck that may be).
3) Once you get near the coping… you gotta smack the tail hard. I think the pop is one of the most important things in this trick. the more pop…. the closer it comes to your hand, thus being easier to grab. so give it a good smack.
4) Kick your front foot out like a regular heelflip. if the pop was good, that sucker should float up between your legs and near your hand.
5) Grab that bad boy and stick it under your feet, which ain’t as bad as it seems, believe me… you just have to go for it.
6) Once you’ve rolled away, be sure that trendy silver chain is showing and strut your stuff back to the top of the ramp and grab any props from the fellahs cause now you is proppa, dogg.
Kickflip to Fakie Rock n Roll – Finding Impossible? Hahaha..
1) Approach lip with enough speed to get enough height to flip your board.
2) Keep your body centered over your board when you start the kickflip.
3) Make sure you are over the lip when your board is flipping. TIMING is essential at this point. You don’t want to land on your board on the lip while it’s upside down cause you’ll crack it.
4) Hammer the kickflip to come in fakie.
5) Roll on out.
6) Look up at your boys and throw up the devil horns.
7) Now go find other lips and obstacles to hammer this trick on.
Laidback Frontside Rock n Roll – The Pause Makes the Difference
1) Go to object with a desire to rock the poop out of this trick.
2) Take your hand, place it above the coping or top of what your are rocking.
3) Almost pause there in that position.
4) Bring your front wheels back in.
5) Get your body in motion. Center mass is key.
6) Go down screaming ” thank you crazzy larry”!!!!
Noseblunt Tail Grab – Hard Skate Trick
1) Approach fakie with just enough speed to get you to the top.
2) Black everything else out and don’t look down. Look straight ahead.
3) Lock your nose onto the coping.
4) Grab the tail.
5) Bend knees.
6) Now, pretend you are jumping off your board (dont worry it will come with you).
7) Bring the board in until your back trucks clear the coping.
8) Bend Knees and land in the tranny.
Nosestall Revert – Along with Frontside Rock and Rolls
1) Learn how to do frontside rock and rolls and also learn how to do nosestall reverts.
2) Approach the coping as if you were going to do a nosestall
3) Start shifting your weight back as you extend your nose forward to the coping
4) Turn your upper portion of your body in the direction you are wanting to revert (frontside)
5) Keeping your weight mainly on your front foot,slide the nose off of the coping and slide the front end back around towards the way you came from.
6) Ride away and use the trick when you play S K A T E
Pivot to Fakie – After Fakie and Not Fakie Rock
1) First learn how to do a fakie without doing a fakie rock.
2) Approach the coping at an angle.
3) Keep your front trucks up.
4) Slip into a 5-0 stall while keeping your weight over the ramp.
5) Turn your lower body and let gravity pull you in.
6) Don’t put your weight forward until your are past the coping.
7) Then ride away smooth.
Rock and Roll – One of the Easy Skateboarding Tricks
1) Ride straight up the wall with just enough speed to get to the top.
2) Slap your board all the way up on the deck, making sure that your back truck is up against the coping.
3) As you do this be sure to keep your body low and over the transition of the ramp as opposed to being up on top of the board (this causes you to straighten out your front leg). Right as you get up there begin to rotate your upper body like a backside kickturn to start the momentum to get back in.
4) Press down on the tail really hard and turn at the same time, making sure your front wheels clear the lip.
5) All your weight will be on the back wheels as you perform the kickturn.
6) Shift your weight to your front foot and ride out.
Note: You may think it will be easier to learn by just tapping your board and turning in (like you would learn a fakie rock) and working your way up, but that’s not the case.
Staple Gun – One of the Real Advanced Skateboarding Tricks
1) Approach the ramp fakie
2) As you get near the top you start to take your front foot off and let your back foot stay on.
3) Push the board with your back foot over the coping while your front foot stays under or on the coping.
4) As your about to do a split, start to bring the board back with your back foot.
5) Pop your board over the coping and stick your other foot back on the board, this might seem hard, just do it and don’t think about it.
Sweeper – Last One? – Share how you found the guide
1) Ride up to the quaterpipe getting ready to throw yourself frontside – like a frontside ollie.
2) Get to the top of the quarter holding your nose and take your back foot off.
3) Swing your body up top like you are re-entering the ramp.
4) Set the board close to the coping and drop back in . it is a smart idea to put your foot back on so this isn’t a one footed landing.
5) Ride away happy that you didn’t pull a split.