Electric skateboards with remotes are incredibly popular these days given how convenient and eco-friendly they are. One of the most important components of an electric skateboard is its remote control. Electric skateboards with remotes not only allow the rider to control the speed and direction of the skateboard, but also present increased safety features that allow the rider to turn off the skateboard power with their remote in case of an emergency.
Take a look at our guide below for some of the most important factors to look for in an electric skateboard remote, along with our picks for the top 3 electric skateboards with remotes!
Factors to Look Out For in Electric Skateboard Remotes
When shopping for an electric skateboard remote, the below factors are incredibly important:
- Compatibility: Make sure the remote is compatible with your electric skateboard model. This might be a no-brainer, as many electric skateboards already do come with remotes (including our top 3 picks below).
- Ergonomics: A comfortable grip and easy-to-use buttons are important for a smooth riding experience. After all, the electric skateboard remote is what you’ll be holding for most of the time as you ride and it needs to be comfortable and easy to use.
- Range: Consider the range of the remote, which refers to the distance it can be operated from the skateboard. A longer range is useful for riders who need to control their skateboard from a distance, such as when carrying it up stairs.
- Battery life: Look for a remote with a long battery life to ensure you can enjoy your ride without worrying about running out of power.
- Durability: An electric skateboard remote is subject to wear and tear, so it is important to choose one that is durable and built to last.
The Best Electric Skateboards With Remotes
Some of the top electric skateboards with remotes on the market today include the Boosted Board Remote, the Evolve Skateboard Remote, and the Ownboard Skateboard Remote.
Boosted Board Remote: This remote is specifically designed for use with Boosted boards and features a sleek and ergonomic design. It has a range of up to 100 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours.
Evolve Skateboard Remote: The Evolve Skateboard Remote is compatible with all Evolve boards and features an ergonomic design with easy-to-use buttons. It has a range of up to 60 feet and a battery life of up to 20 hours.
Ownboard Skateboard Remote: The Ownboard Skateboard Remote is designed for use with Ownboard electric skateboards and features a compact and durable design. It has a range of up to 50 feet and a battery life of up to 10 hours.
When choosing an electric skateboard remote, consider your individual needs and preferences. Whether you are looking for a remote with a long range or a compact and durable design, there is a remote out there that is perfect for you.
If you’re interested in learning more about electric skateboards – make sure to check out our guides on the best electric skateboards out there:
15 Best Electric Mountain Board Reviews
10 Best Cheap Electric Skateboards